Friday, March 28, 2008

Nearly Famous

This week, I Googled my husband. Im hoping that since you are reading this blog, that you know what Google is? Its a website where you can search for anything and it will bring up all the other websites which include that word or phrase. So, I Googled Bryce and up came a few sites - there is a Bryce National Park in Utah, there are a couple of sermons on the Southport Church of Christ website, there is a link to http://www.bundymum.com/ and lo and behold there on the top of the list was a link to the Parliament of Australia - House of Representatives website! Our good friend Stuart Robert had mentioned Bryce in a list of friends as part of his maiden speech! I reckon that qualifies as nearly famous.

I also have a few nearly-famous-notches to claim! I have been in an international womens magazine and I have been on TV! (In the womens magazine my email comment was published in the letters to the editor and on TV my face flashed up for half a second in an ad for a womens conference). Ok so not quite famous but Im claiming nearly-famous status and its my blog so I can do that.

But since I probably wont achieve 'famous' status, I thought Id write my acknowledgements now. One day, I might write a book, and if I do, it will be directly because of the encouragement that you guys have given me. Seriously, whenever I find out God has used one of my blogs to encourage people or someone says they really enjoy reading what I wrote, or someone says they think I could write, or speak, or teach or be a good pastors wife :) its awesome emotional nourishment and it keeps me going.

**BUT**
If I speak without God speaking to me, or teach without learning from Jesus or minister without being ministered to by the Holy Spirit then I am only a clanging gong or a resounding cymbal. If you enjoy what I write but its just a story and not a lesson from my life then I am nothing. If God uses my blog but I dont express his love in my life then I gain nothing. (from 1 Cor 13:1-3)

See the most important thing in life, is not to be publshed in someones 'acknowledgement page'.
The most important thing is to be in the book of life (Believe that Jesus as God and accept him as your Lord)
To realise that you are on the first page of Gods book - the page where it says "this book is dedicated to..." YOU!!.
And to be such a good representation of that message that people cant help but ask you who the author is.


So, encourage people around you, you never know what it means. But even more so,

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honour one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Rom 12:10-12

"Our changed lives might be the only gospel some people will ever read" Elaine Roulet

my email

No comments: