Sunday, February 5, 2012

Perspective



I'm trying to work out the science of making excercise not seem so hard. One of my problems, apart from procrastination, is the hills. They just seem to take so long to overcome.

I had worked out that if I look straight ahead, the hill seems longer because I am always focusing on how far I have to go. So I had been keeping my head down, just looking a couple of meters in front at a time, hoping to suprise myself by ending up at the top of the hill before I knew it. But I found out two things this week which helped me nail my hill.

Yesterday I went walking with a friend, and I didnt even notice my hill cause we were chatting! (except we had to slow the chatting down in order to breathe)

And today I noticed that if I look UP, it also seems to take way less effort, and is much more pleasant scenery to look at than the concrete slabs I see when looking down.

I think I'm going to try the same tactics in life. Walking through life with a friend makes life seem less hard, and looking up to a Friend definitely lightens the step and makes the scenery much more enjoyable.

Jesus came to earth, lived, died and rose again so that the One you look up to, could also be the One who walks beside you. Ill be chatting a bit more to Him next time I go for a walk. We'll tackle the hills together.

my email

No comments: