Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Lost My Son - Again!

Yes, for the second time in just a few months, I lost my son! How could this happen, I hear you ask.. Well, let me tell you, I am NEVER taking him bowling again.

You might remember the
last time I lost him... at the bowling centre... he had gone to the computer game section and I was looking for many minutes which seemed like hours. Well today when he went missing I went straight there ... but he was nowhere to be found!

I didnt have any other options, there was nowhere else to look. I did manage to mention to my daughter that he was going to be in so much trouble when I found him. That was just after she asked "Mum, shall we tell the lady that we have lost him?". No way. I'm not doing that again!

He turned up just after that - he had taken himself to the toilet. He's 3. How does he even know where the toilet is?! Never again I tell you. He's banned. No more games of bowling with mummy! (Not without any other adults present)

Luckily, God is not so harsh with me. I mess up all the time. Go places he doesn't want me to go. Do things he doesn't want me to do. Say things he doesn't want me to say. Most of the time for the same reason - 'cause I thought I could do it on my own. But he doesn't say "Right, I've had it with you. I'm never taking you out again". He just waits patiently for me to come back and then starts again.

"So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched woman I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 7:21-25

God doesnt ban me from the good he has planned because I mess up. He works IN me transforming me from the inside out. Praise God!

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Cor 4:16-17

So I'll thank God that he is working in me,
I'll stop stressing about my present trouble and
trust it has some eternal benefit,
but I am still not taking him bowling again!

my email

5 comments:

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

I loved this!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for commenting...comments make me happy ;)
I know one family in Australia! Pastor Ian and Penny Britza...Pastor Ian has been selected (?) to run on the Conservative ticket for Parliament...vote for him! Just kidding; vote your own conscience, as long as it's him :-)

Michelle @ Sew-Krafty said...

By the way, what's a Heinz tin?

Bryce said...

For all my international visitors, Heinz is a company that makes baby food (among other things) and they make tins for toddlers with meat and vegies and other combinations that my kids love. :)

Unknown said...

Heh heh, I can just imagine Josh wandering off to the toilet. Scary for you though!

Angela Nazworth said...

Great post. Mommy guilt can eat us up. I'm so glad Christ frees us from it and I'm glad your son is ok