Monday, July 28, 2008

A Wild Goose Chase

My friends are very encouraging regarding my quest for the perfect shot of a soaring eagle, and last week Sarah sent me a text saying there were some Magpie Geese flying overhead with their young. Now thats something you dont see everyday! So I promptly hopped in my car and headed off on my wild goose chase. Although I saw the geese from a distance, they disappeared and as I looked around I saw the reason - A Wedge Tailed Eagle!! I only got this close, but I'll stop by again this week ;)

Wedgy

One definition describes wild goose chase as "A tedius, uncertain pursuit", but this wild goose chase was nothing of the sort! My quest for a soaring eagle is far from tedius and I wouldn't even describe it as uncertain, rather, optimistically hopeful :). But there is an even better hope I have to look forward to.

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." (Rom 5:1-5)

Life is not a tedius uncertain pursuit any more! Having a relationship with God gives me hope for now and for the future. Now I have a purpose and I know that God works in all things for good because He loves us. Last week I 'happened' across that eagle, but God knows with 100% certainty whats in your future so you can get up and look forward to what God has in store, and even if its hard, He has a plan, He is with you, and He will accomplish his purpose. And when time is up, we get to soar with Him forever.

It is a sure and joyful hope that we have in Him!



my email

2 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful post. Thanks for your comments today on Faith Lifts. They were beautiful as well. Thank God He is so real!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture and reminder of His faithfulness.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Rena