Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks!

Donna Savill

One of the things that has made our lives a tad busier than usual this term is that our daughter has had nearly 5 weeks off school with pneumonia and spent a few days in hospital. After returning home I went to check on her in her room and found her writing this letter.

"Dear hospital ladies,

Thankyou for looking after me {and} being kind. I hope you have a good day. The needle didn't hurt too much. There was nice food. And a nice lady kept bringing it to me every time I was hungry. I feel a bit better. From Hannah"

It warmed my heart to hear her talking of this lady in hospital, asking me why this nice lady would keep bringing her food when we didnt even ask her! You and I know that it was her job to do that, but at this Thanksgiving and Christmas season, I pray that our eyes would be opened to others and that we would take the time to thank others for what they do for us, even if it is their job. It might be the only thankyou they hear, and it will certainly change our perspective in a awesome way.

Kirstin over at 'We Are THAT Family' said,

"I believe thankfulness is the mark of a great person. A grateful heart does not complain or compare. A grateful heart does not grumble or gripe. A grateful heart is a beautiful thing.

And it is rare.

I want to teach my kids to be thankful. I want them to see the good in their lives as blessings. I want their perspective to mirror their grateful hearts."

Please pop over and read her Thanksgiving post for the 5 Thankful Actions she is putting into practice this season. I couldnt have written it better myself :)


Donna Savill

my email

No comments: