Friday, January 9, 2009

Seeing Eagles

I haven’t seen any eagles lately, and obviously I haven't been chasing them.

Most of the time, seeing comes before chasing. I would see a Kite or an Eagle in the sky and quickly grab my camera and drive in the general direction after them. Sometimes, I would be optimistic (living in expectation perhaps) and I would go to where I thought eagles might be - by rivers, over cane fields. But lately I havent seen or chased any, and to be honest, I havent even had my camera out. Certainly not living with any expectation!

I haven’t really been ‘seeing’ those special things about God lately either...

  • soaring with Him above circumstances,
  • being lifted and spurred on by His Spirit,
  • remembering the outstretched arms of His Son.

I am certain its not because He hasnt been around. Obviously I havent been really seeking. And I certainly haven't been expecting. So, without being 'inspired' as such or spurred on by any great vision or revelation of soaring, I will pursue Him.

The words from this song "One Pure and Holy Passion" by The Passion Band came to mind

"..To know and follow hard after you
To grow as your disciple in your truth
This world is empty pale and poor
Compared to knowing you my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you."

So I will be following hard, raise my expectations, and keeping my eyes up!

my email

1 comment:

Mum-me said...

We saw a huge Sea Eagle drift along the coastline on our recent holiday to Long Beach. By the time I dried my hands, brushed the sand off, dug the camera out of the bag, turned it on ... the eagle was just a speck in the distance.

How frustrating! Why couldn't it circle our beach a bit longer?

I get the same way with God - why can't He circle my expectations for a while instead of moving off in an unexpected direction?

Only it isn't unexpected for Him - it's been His will all along but I was getting too comfortable sitting still, so He had to move away a little to get my attention.

Always enjoy reading your posts.