Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On Celebrities, Cyclones and Siamese

I was at the hairdresser today and I overheard a trainee hairdresser talking to a customer. She was obvioulsy using some reflective listening skills she had learnt at college, and was sounding over-interested in a lady talking about another lady who stole her idea of breeding short-haired siamese cats.

The lady on the other side of me was talking about the impending cyclone hanging just off the coast and then they both joined in a conversation about going to heaven and elvis being there.

This was one I chose not to enter in to. But in hindsight, since we were talking about these opportunities, maybe I could've said something. Any suggestions?

my email

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was both scared and sad and hilarious.

Hmmm? I'm stumped. I think I'd pray a quick "HELP" and see what happened next.

The hair salon. Always interesting.

Now, you've been tagged. And I'm not sure if I should say "you're welcome" or "sorry".

It's really fun so give it a try!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog today and was blessed by your candidness and use of the Scripture. May God bless you and your family! You might be interested in a book that my husband recently published for Christians. He has a passion for teaching Christians to listen with their hearts (reflective listening) and thus demonstrate the compassion of Christ toward others. It's called "Please Listen to Me! A Christian's Guide to Reflective Listening." It can be found at many online stores such as amazon, barnes & noble, christianbook.com, and WinePressBooks.com. Many of them ship overseas from the U.S. The author's name is Dick Fetzer. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!