Thursday, September 25, 2008

UnInspired

Have you ever felt like you've run out of whatever it is that keeps you going?

Either in life or in your ministry?

I felt like that about a month ago and no matter what I did, I couldn't write. I just didnt have anything to say. I was spending time each day seeking God and sitting poised at my keyboard but nothing was coming. I was uninspired.

I didnt like that feeling at all. I felt like I'd lost something.

I know there can be a number of reasons for feeling uninspired, but this time I think it was a lesson for me.

I had a talk to prepare for the women's rally at our town near ours and the topic I had chosen was "resting in God". Here is the wordle for that talk (enlarges the words used most often).

Thirsty

The main verse I focused on was from Lamentations 3:21-26

“Yet this I call to mind and therefore have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love, we are not consumed for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.”

So while he was making me rest in Him and wait I learnt a few valuable lessons.
  • What I write or speak really does need to come from Him otherwise I will be like a banging drum or a clanging symbol.
  • He can give me the words to say at just the right time.
  • If I wait for Him, they will be His words.

Inspire means breathing into or upon, to fill with an animating, quickening or exalting influence. You have Gods Spirit living in you when you choose to follow Him, and we need to continually be filled with the Spirit for daily living. And at special times God fills us so that we can serve, give, bless, teach, encourage, exort, pray and fulfil His work here on earth. So if God wants you to do something, "it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."Phil 2:13

How cool is that! God gives you the desire and ability to do His work. Bring that on!

And just when I needed it, a week before I had to give my talk, He showed me personally what I needed to do to rest in Him, and I was able to share that with the ladies.

Instead of my 'lack of inspiration' leading to doing less, it has actually lead to me doing more! Well, doing more after careful prayer that is.

I can't commit to writing a post each week for this new site Inspired Bliss. I can't keep finding new things to write about at Faith Lifts. I can't possibly fit in running a Bible Study for young mums. But because I believe God wants me to, I will! And He will do those things through me for as long as I should be doing them.

Are you feeling uninspired? Wait on God, rest in Him until He shows you what to do, then take that step and do it.


my email

3 comments:

Shelly Wildman said...

Hi Donna! I'm an IB contributor, too, and I found your words to be EXACTLY what I needed! Thank you so much for reminding me that I can't do this without prayerful consideration first. I'll be back to check in on you! :) Shelly

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Once again, you have blessed me!

I've linked my post today to yours. This is exactly how I have been feeling. God is awesome! I thank Him for using you today!

Many thanks!
Rena

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!

I love your post - I've been uninspired lately too. God showed me the same thing about waiting on Him and resting in Him! Love your blog - first time here, but I'll be back!

I'm a Believer!
Laura